Sunday, August 15, 2010


We just got home from our family vacation to Panama City Beach. We had a great time. It has been so long since Marty and I have been to Panama City Beach – it has changed a lot. We went to Pier Park every night for dinner and shopping. They also have a kids’ area where they have a carousel, games, and train rides. The beach was beautiful – just a little seaweed! We stayed at SPLASH condominiums. I highly recommend this place if you have young children. They have several pools, a lazy river, toddler splash pad, and a big water/splash playground. All of this is under the building so it is out of the sun and heat. Camilla absolutely loved the pool areas so we did not spend too much time on the beach. I think as she gets order and can get out into the ocean she will enjoy the beach more. While we were on the beach, she chased seagulls up and down the beach the whole time– this will wear you out quick!

We tried to take some pictures on the beach Friday night but Camilla does not like for me to take her picture. She will say, “No Mommy. Put camera away!” When I continue to try to take her picture she intentionally will not look up at the camera. I can’t tell you the last time that Camilla and I got a good picture together!

This morning before we left Marty and Camilla had a great time feeding our leftover bread to the seagulls from our balcony. Pretty soon they attracted some pigeons. I think Camilla liked this better because she could just throw the bread on the ground and they would eat it. She had trouble throwing it over the balcony to the seagulls. Marty said most of her bread for the seagulls landed in the lazy river…uh oh! I watched them from the kitchen as I finished packing the last few things before check out…they looked so cute!

This was our first trip with just the three of us and no grandparents and it wore us out! Marty and I took shifts watching/playing with Camilla at the pool and the beach so that the other one could relax and enjoy lying out in the sun. The only problem with this is that we never really got to hang out with each other! I guess this is just part of parenting a toddler.

This was the perfect time for us to take Camilla as a family to the beach since who knows…next year she could have an infant brother or sister with her at the beach. It was nice getting to put all of our attention into Camilla and doing whatever she wanted! We hopped from pool to pool…anywhere she wanted to go!

There are a lot of pictures….I took 275 over our 3 night trip and I have included 43 in this blog!!!


Ready for the beach...

Coming down the tube slide...she was the bravest 2 year old there!





Back to the beach and after the seagulls





You would think the sand would slow her down but no such luck!





Crusin' down the Lazy River
Playing at the toddler splash pad

Reading her Bible after her bath...she sings Jesus Loves Me while she reads
View from our balcony - 15th floor

Dressy Beach Photos







Pier Park
Riding the train



Riding the carousel


Our Last Morning
Feeding the seagulls before the left


and the pigeons!
My view from the kitchen of them feeding the birds...so cute!

 

No comments: