Monday, May 10, 2010

Beach Trip - Day One!

Well, it has been a crazy trip so far. Camilla, my mom, and I are at the beach. Kelly, my sister, usually comes on the girls beach trip but she is expecting and not feeling to good so she wanted to avoid the heat! We miss you Aunt Kelly...Camilla needs you here to build sand castles and collect shells!

Back to the crazy parts...when we checked in to the condo yesterday at 1:30 pm it had not been cleaned and did not start getting cleaned until 6:30 pm last night! It is really gross to see all the dirty towels and messy beds that have been used by strangers! When we got back from dinner last night, the cleaners were gone and we could finally settle in. Next crazy thing...Marty and I got a 10x10 pop-up tent for Christmas to use at the beach so we would have plenty of shade for Camilla to play and us to sit under. Well, Mom and I practiced setting it up in the backyard before the trip so we would know what we were doing before we got it out on the beach...so prepared! I drag the heavy thing all the way down to the beach and we are almost done putting it up and the "umbrella rental guy" comes up and tells us there is a new Gulf Shores City Ordinance that you can't have a tent larger than 7x7 and over 4 ft tall and that we had to take it down! I was so mad! Camilla was pitching a fit in the sand and Mom and I were trying to make sure she didn't run in the ocean while packing the tent back up! We decided to just play at the pool for a while and then headed out to the beach after that. 

Come to find out we didn't really need a tent after all. The weather is wonderful here. Sunny and breezy and 80 degrees. We just have to make sure we are reapply sunscreen to Camilla pretty often. She had a blast playing in the sand and building castles. She loved the ocean. She is little miss independent! The undertow is strong so we stayed on shore. She had fun picking up the shells and throwing them back in the ocean and saying "bye bye shells"

She is napping now and I wanted to share some pictures from our day with ya'll!

We miss you Daddy and We Love You!

Ready for the Beach!


She kept her Bama hat on all morning...
we just took it off for some of the pictures!
Playing in the sand!

Running from the waves


No comments: