Well, I survived my first year as a VBS teacher!!! It was a lot of hard work and I am EXHAUSTED but we had a lot of fun too. I helped in the younger 4's class with my friends Caron, Jennifer and Jodi. This was the first year for these kids to get to come to VBS so they were very excited and full of energy! I don't think any of us really realized how little 4 year olds know (no offense). We took for granted that they would know how to form and stay in a line. This was difficult on the first day as we traveled around the church to music, crafts, snack and recreation. They started to get the hang of it by the end of the week but it was still a challenge to get them from one place to the next. I do wish we got to talk to them a little bit more about Jesus but there is just so much to do. They all really enjoyed music. They had some really cute songs this year and they loved doing the motions to the words. FBC puts on a huge VBS. I think there were around 700 in attendance each day.
Camilla got to go this year since I was a teacher. They move around to the different activities in her class but she had fun playing with her friends and doing little art projects. She loved it. She would wake up every morning and say "Bible School fun!" It wore her out. She feel asleep in the car on the way home every day this week! I think she is going to miss going next week.
Here are some pictures for our week.
Ready for Bible School
Running to the car!
Her teachers Ms. Lynda and Ms. Doris
Camilla's friend Anne Louise...they really do like each other you just can't tell in this picture...haha
Playing in the wagon
Our decorations....
Caron teaching the Bible story...we had anywhere from 19-14 kids a day
Watching the missions video
Making cowboy/cowgirl hats
Playing with rice
Crafts
Standing in line on the last day!!!
Music
All the preschoolers practicing their songs for the Sunday Night performance
Camilla's art from VBS
Watching Dora with her cowgirl hat on
1 comment:
I see you got a few pics of Mason actually cooperating. I'm sure you could have had a photo montage of him acting otherwise... I know you were exhausted by Friday!!
Post a Comment